gnome canvas question

Hello,

I'm new to this list (hell, you're taking a lot :-) and I have some
questions already.
I wanna create a drawing area for my program using GnomeCanvas and I'm
wondering...

1. Is it possible to change the color that fills the line-end symbols. I
wanna make them white with a black border.

2. Is there any way to make gnome_canvas_get_item_at not return the
topmost item? I've created a group that contains groups that contain a
box (rectangle) with some text written in it. When I call this very
routine, the topmost element is returned (the text-item). I would like
to see the goup item being returned. I currently solved this problem by
calling parents of parents, but this seems like an usgy hack to me.

3. If I have to write some widgets of my own (I hope I don't have to),
where can I find docs about the libart library that is used by
GnomeCanvas?

Well, I guess that's about it (for now :-)

yours,

_A_

Arjan Molenaar