Re: Correct way to start Gnome?

Hi,

> This is how I start Windowmaker (0.50.2).  This is the contents of my=20
> .xinitrc file
>
> panel & background-properties-init &=20
> screensaver-properties-init &
> mouse-properties-init &=20
> exec /usr/X11R6/bin/wmaker
>
> I get windowmaker and the gnome panel.  Is there a different/better=20
> way?

I've tried that too, except I had panel and background-properties on
different lines, but with that, I don't think the Gnome logout button works
- you have to exit using the Windowmaker exit button. I'd like to be able to
use either. I think this is possible with Enlightenment, but it's hard to
tell, because it segfaults every time I try to quit, and I don't really want
to use it anyway.

Allan Third (allan@mindless.com)

"It's raining popcorn. Hallelujah!"