Re: gmc: Say it ain't so! (directory chasing)

>From: "Brandon S. Allbery" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>

>As I sit here waiting, gmc is attempting to index /afs.  I wish it luck, but
>it's unlikely to finish before I leave today....

Ahhh - yes.  And I thought indexing my automounted /home was a problem ;O)

>Any way to disable this behavior?  (I'd check for myself, but it's hard to
>look at the configuration for a program that's off in the silences.)

There's a thought - have a list of directories not to index, like Netscape has a
list of servers not to Proxy...

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'                                             I'm the dots in .co.uk