Re: 0.99.7 problem on sparc

This is probably a libtool problem.  You can check this by doing an
"ldd $(prefix)/lib/libimlib-png.so".  If it doesn't list libpng, then this
is the problem.  Libtool 1.2d only does interlibrary dependencies for
linux, and this feature is required for gdk_imlib (it tries to dlopen the
png loading library which has unresolved symbols so the library load
fails).  I had this same problem under linux before upgrading my copy of
libtool.

The correct fix for this is to use a newer libtool (probably 1.2e or a
version straight off its CVS server) to compile the RPMS.

James Henstridge.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/