Re: Midnight Commander 4.5.13 is out

>From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx>

>   New version of the file manager.  It fixes every important problem
>reported, keep testing, keep sending bug reports, I will fix them in a
>micro-second, as fast as a manatee would do it.

./configure; make; make install and all seems fine on Solaris.

2 small points - I know I have a bigger total filesystem for it to map than it
can be expected to handle, but it still pauses for up to a minute every time I
change directory to somewhere I've not been before, *after* it draws the files
in there, and won't refresh till it's done.  I just tried to truss it to see
what it was doing in that pause, and the truss of it froze both my screens.  Had
to kill gmc from another system.  Don't have time to try that again just now.

Secondly, *please* tell me you're not deciding a file is a manual page purely
because it ends in a ".1" or somesuch?  That's so lame - that's the sort of
thing Micro$oft does! =OZ

Otherwise, many thanks - great program =O)

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'                                             I'm the dots in .co.uk