Re: gnome upgrade problems

Ok I found all the tiles and pixmaps and things.  Imlib-devel wasn't
important.  For some reason it just isnt able to load the files.  And now the
panel won't even come up.  I have noticed a few posts that show the exact
same problems.  Has anyone figured out why...  ?

I got my 0.99.7 files from gnomeftp.wgn.net last night and this morning.
Everything is installed.  The panel starts and just doesn't do anything.
After reading a similar post I killed the gnome-name-service process.  Then
the panel popped up displayed 2 pages of errors and segfaults.  Most of the
errors were unable to load images, panel-arrow-up.png, etc...  But the are
all there.... here's the last snippet...

gdk_imlib ERROR: Cannot load image: /usr/share/pixmaps/control-center.png
All fallbacks failed.
gdk_imlib ERROR: Cannot load image: /usr/share/pixmaps/netscape.png
All fallbacks failed.
gdk_imlib ERROR: Cannot load image: /usr/share/pixmaps/gnome-term.png
All fallbacks failed.

** WARNING **: goad_server_activate: goad.c 604: unexpected exception
IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0:

** WARNING **: sysex: IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0.

** WARNING **: usrex: IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0.

[1]+  Segmentation fault      panel

I've got esound-0.2.7-1, enlightenment 2-7 snapshot, and was running gnome
0.99.2 without any problems before..  Has anyone had this problem ? Of course
i'll play with it tonight but any suggestions would be
appreciated. Thanks
  Bryan Starbuck