Re: Icewm + Panel

> In the past, Icewm worked great with the .99.x releases of GNOME, and
> would even know not to maximaize apps over the panel. However, with
> the new 0.99.7 RPM release, ICEWM will draw over the panel like any
> other window manager. It still lets GMC control the root window
> though. Are there any reasons why this may be happening?

Just for the record, this has been happening to me with icewm
(versions 0.99.28 to 0.99.31 at least) and gnome panel (from 0.99.3 to
0.99.5, have to confirm with .6).  Things seem to change depending on
the order the programs start up.  When ice starts before than the
panel, the panels will cover the windows.  When the panel starts
before, sometimes the windows cover the panels, which is annoying of
course.  I have even observed cases when one panel (I use a couple of
side panels) covers the windows and the other doesn't.  Cannot explain
how that happens, though.

Best regards,

M. S.
Martin A. Soto J.                           Profesor
Departamento de Ingenieria de Sistemas y Computacion
Universidad de los Andes      masoto@uniandes.edu.co