Re: gnome-libs-0.99.6

Todd Rider wrote:

> I'm getting the following error when I try to build gnome-libs-0.99.6
>
> ../libgnomeui/.libs/libgnomeui.so; undefined reference to `gdk-imlib-load-alpha'
> ../libgnomeui/.libs/libgnomeui.so; undefined reference to `gdk-imlib-set-cache-info'
> ../libgnomeui/.libs/libgnomeui.so; undefined reference to `gdk-imlib-get-cache-info'

It sounds like you have the right gtk+ and imlib, but you're missing the component
gdk_imlib, which is built by imlib if it knows you have gtk+ >= 1.1.9, that is, imlib
needs to be built *after* gtk+.

So, did you build imlib before gtk+?  If so, this is the problem, and it should have
shown up while you were configuring imlib, i.e. you should have seen:

*** gdk_imlib will not be built ***

(though you may not have been looking).  Go back to your imlib directory and do:

rm config.cache
./configure [with your configure options]
make && make install

and it should work, *hopefully*. :-)

Zeen,

-Adam `Cold Fusion' Powell, IV http://www.ctcms.nist.gov/~powell/ ____
USDoC, National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST)  |\ ||<  |
Center for Theoretical and Computational Materials Science  | \||_> |