Contributors should be mentioned in the credits or changelog

Hi,

One of the reasons I contribute to free software is to see my name in
the Credits or ChangeLog file of the package.  If a developer takes the
time to contribute a patch to the GNOME project, I think that the
developer should be noted in the Credits or in the ChangeLog entry for
the patch he contributed.  This need only be in the form of "Fixed bug
#nn, thanks to John Q. Developer <john@developer.org>".

Currently, this is being done by some GNOME core developers, but not
others.  I always note my contributors in my Credits, and I think it
would be courteous if GNOME would do the same for us.  Not noting a
contributor is akin to taking credit for someone else's work.

             Cheers,
             Jeffrey
--
Jeffrey W. Baker