Re: Make the panel sticky?

I have similar probs w/ the panel + E.  When hiding the panel from the
left side it moves to the upper left corner of the screen and has about 2
100 pixels width showing + the hidebutton.  When I hide it from the right
end, it moves to the upper middle of the screen with all of the panel
except about 100 pixels width and hidebutton.  When its in either of the
"hidden" states all the launchers/applets are hidden, but the panel is
just reappearing in odd places.  After unhiding the gnome-pager has a
button for "Panel" as if its a normal running task and not the actual task
watcher.

sar

On 8 Feb 1999, Georg C. F. Greve wrote:

>  || On 8 Feb 1999 10:00:16 +0100
>  || dlux@dlux.hu ("Szabo, Balazs") wrote:
>
>  sb> || Mine does. A least in Icewm, Windowmaker, Afterstep, Enlightenment.
>  sb> || Those are the windowmanagers I've run since I've began using GNOME.
>
>  sb> Yes,  mine did  it also,  but  the newest  CVS (gnome-core)  is buggy  I
>  sb> think, because the  behaviour of the hide buttons/sticky  status is very
>  sb> interesting.
>
> I have upgraded gnone-core on Saturday and after doing so I noticed a
> change in the behaviour of the panel, as well.
>
> I am using fvwm2 and since Saturday the panel behaves like an icon
> when hiding it. Since the iconbox is on top of my screen and the panel
> on the bottom it means that the arrow jumps up between the icons and
> if I click on it the panel reappears on the bottom. Looks kinda wierd.
>
> I was hoping this might just be a temporary annoyance... .-)
>
> Regards,
> 	Georg
>
> --
> Georg C. F. Greve <greve@gnu.org>
> "People who fight may lose. People who do not
> fight have already lost." -- Bertolt Brecht

If God is One, what is bad?
                -- Charles Manson

Death has been proven to be 99% fatal in laboratory rats.