Re: Building RPMs from tarballs

: I do not seem to be getting either (a) a .rpm file or (b) an installed
: RPM
: per 'rpm -qa | grep <name>' after doing 'rpm -ba foo.spec'.  Am I doing
: something wrong, or is this a bug I should report?
:
:
: Zach

What are you getting? Do you see the source tree get unpacked and
compiled? Does it say "packaging blah blah..." towards the end? If so
you probably got some RPMS somewhere.

Usually they go in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/<archdir> unless you tell it
otherwise. Also, the _RPM_ does not get installed on your system from
a "-ba" even though the _software_ does get installed. This is an
important distinction.

	  - A