Compilation errors. :-(

I just checked out the newest gnome-libs from CVS.
and they dont compile, (i made uninstall before and now I'm gnomeless)
Here's the transcript:

orbitgtk.c:73: parse error before `gnome_ORBit_request_validate'
orbitgtk.c:76: warning: return-type defaults to `int'
orbitgtk.c:76: warning: no previous prototype for
`gnome_ORBit_request_validate'
orbitgtk.c: In function `gnome_ORBit_request_validate':
orbitgtk.c:80: `ORBIT_MESSAGE_ALLOW_ALL' undeclared (first use this
function)
orbitgtk.c:80: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
orbitgtk.c:80: for each function it appears in.)
orbitgtk.c:82: `ORBIT_MESSAGE_BAD' undeclared (first use this function)
orbitgtk.c:83: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
orbitgtk.c: In function `_gnorba_cookie_setup':
orbitgtk.c:198: warning: passing arg 1 of
`ORBit_set_request_validation_handler' from incompatible pointer type
make[2]: *** [orbitgtk.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/src/badcvs/gnome-libs-bad/libgnorba'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/src/badcvs/gnome-libs-bad'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
[root@Yonix gnome-libs-bad]#

so I thought, maybe if I'll compile the newest ORBit from CVS everything
will be fine, right? wrong.

I checked out ORBit. the minute i entered "./autogen.sh" i got a
thousand messages saying:

configure.in:204: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
cross compiling

and several:

aclocal: configure.in: 60: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
aclocal.m4: 46: `AM_PROG_INSTALL' is obsolete; use `AC_PROG_INSTALL'

the automake wasnt palying along too, I needed automake 1.4 so I FTP'ed
to gnu.org
and grabbed the automake1.4 and installed it, alas for some reason
automake was convinced I still got automake 1.3 and I cant make make.
manually i changed makefile.am to allow me to use automake 1.3 but no
good. (I'm pretty sure automake was installed)

so, in my dispair to run gnome again, i made with -i and also made
gnome-core.
Bugs where everywhere, I could not start X properly with gnome-session
and many others
other stuff.

please help me, I do want to continue and use gnome.

--

There are no big words, just little people.