Re: Libraries question

On Sat, 6 Feb 1999 10:13:19 -0800 (PST)  bob@kehs.ksd.org wrote:
> I have been having the same problem.
> On Sat, 6 Feb 1999, Bruce Z. Lysik wrote:
> > Lately I've been having problems with some apps asking for shared
> > object files like 'libglib-1.1.so.5'.
> >
> > Shouldn't apps be asking for the symbolic link that's set up in that
> > directory? Like: 'libglib.so'?  (Which in my lib directory points to
> > libglib-1.1.so.13.0.2)

Okay.  I'm starting to figure this out a bit more.  The configure
process determines which shared library the app should look for,
right?  Does it pick the first library which satisfies certain
parameters?  (Often leaving more recent libs untouched in the
process?)

I guess this is more of a messy lib directory problem than anything
else.

--
Bruce Z. Lysik  <eldrik@logrus.com>   http://www.logrus.com/~eldrik