Balsa problems

Just tried balsa for the second time, and noticed a few quirks. First,
try as I might, I did not seem to be able to add new filters. I tried
the 'New' button, then typing in all the information, then pushing the
'Apply' button, nothing seemed to happen. As I recall, last time I tried
balsa, a couple of months ago or so, this worked. Also, when I switched
the 'View mailbox content informations' from off to on, most of my
mailboxes disappeared, but they showed back up when I switched it back
or restarted balsa.

Lastly, a question, I noticed in one of the screenshots that the tabs
for the mailbox names showed up horizontally, but mine are coming up
vertically, is there any way via preferences to change this, as I have
some rather long mailbox names.

--
TTFN
MikeB