Re: gnome-help-list suggestion

Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com> writes:

> On 4 Feb 1999, Sam Vilain wrote:
> > Recently I have subscribed to a list called the sun-managers list,
> > which implements a very simple question and answer system, and is very
> > effective.
> [...]
> Those rules are neat but I would be far too lazy to summarize and
> repost. :)

This happens.  Only about half the questions posted ever get summaries
on the sun-managers list (but then, people ask questions like "I have
an E10K with 5 domains and need to upgrade one of them from 2.5.1 to
2.6, do I need to do anything special to the domain manager?" and
probably didn't get any replies).  I don't think that a few people not
summarising really affects things.

> Considering the wide scope of the GNOME project, gnome-list might best
> be broken into gnome-users and gnome-devel.

Yes, but would you subscribe to the gnome-users list once you know how
to do things?  A lot of mail to dredge through...
--
Sam Vilain, sam@whoever.com         work: sam.vilain@unisys.com
http://www.hydro.gen.nz                home: sam@hydro.gen.nz