Re: [Re: [Re: I cannot get gnome-core to compile all applets.]]

> Gleef <dzol@virtual-yellow.com> writes:
>
> > Nope.  Make clean is supposed to get rid of the results of compilation.
> > Make distclean is supposed to clear out all the cruft for distribution.
> > Even make distclean doesn't clear out everything, it still leaves the
> > .deps directories around (assuming they were made in the first place).
>
> ... and that's what a `make maintainer-clean' is good for ...
>
> Martin

Thanks!  This fixed the problem with compiling gnome-core.
YEA!!!

I have added "maintainer-clean" to my build script.
We'll see how many of my other build problem this fixes.

With the source I got from CVS tonight, ORBit is choking in the
popt directory on @LIBTOOL@.  My initial attempt to hack it by putting
the LIBTOOL definition macro in configure.in didn't fix the problems,
it only changed the way the compile was failing.

Anyhow, I _really_ appreciate your help with the gnome-core problem!

Cheers,
	Miles

	Miles Lane
	Amazon.com