Lots of gtk programs dying...

I'm having a lot of trouble with practically all gtk-based programs
dying, usually on a mouseclick somewhere. For example, gtkicq dies
with:
** ERROR **: sigsegv caught

If I close gtkicq before it dies, I get:

Gtk-WARNING **: invalid class type `(unknown)' in cast to `GtkObject'

I use a debian (slink) system with all packages that are supposed to
be needed...

Are these problems due to general buggyness of gtk or is it specific
problems with the different programs. The way it is for me now, it's
completely useless.

Please note that I really like gtk and gnome, I'm just wonderin' why
it doesn't work for me.

I'll be happy to run some debuggers on my programs if it can be done
without to much hassle, but be warned: I do not have the latest
versions of everything, since I use debian packages.

--
-~* Daniel Elenius *~-