Re: ORBit 0.3.94 (CVS 99/02/02 8:00 GMT)

On Tue, Feb 02, 1999 at 01:17:52PM +0100, Philippe.Defert@cern.ch wrote:

> I generated succesfully ORBit 0.3.94 with egcs 1.1.1 on the
> following platforms:

[...]

> All installations failed because of a bad Makefile in popt/po, I
> suppressed po as a SUBDIR in popt/Makefile.in to run install
> correctly. There is an installprefix variable, DESTDIR etc... in the
> Makefile.in and this does not work properly...

These are known problems with the popt that is in Gnome CVS. I am hoping
that they will go away when that version of popt is updated.

If not, then I am open to suggestions about how to persuade ORBit's
Makefile.am to treat popt/ as a SUBDIR, except for installation. We shouldn't
be installing popt at all (we link it statically where we need it).

> Amicalement.
> Philippe.

- Dick