Re: how to upgrade

If you don't know why the upgrade failed, maybe you should not be using
the --force argument (really -- those checks are in there for a reason,
and it may prevent you making your system unstable).

The correct method of upgrade is to grab all the packages you intend to
install (include glib10, gtk+10), and run "rpm -Uvh *.rpm" to upgrade them
all together.  If this gives you any dependency errors, make up your mind
about whether you want to use those packages.  If you do, get new
versions, or rebuild the RPMS with your new libraries.  If you don't,
either remove them or add the flag --nodeps to the command line.

James Henstridge.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/