Re: "Lake Effect" gnome-core 1.0.55 released

> There's been a 1.0.55 gnome-core tarball on ftp.gnome.org (and the
> mirrors) for a while now, but I ended up taking an unexpected trip to
> Vermont so it hasn't been announced yet.
>
> * Availability:
>
>         ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/stable/sources/gnome-core/

  'ja.po' file included in gnome-core 1.0.55 is broken. So, I
  recommend Japanese users to check out lastest ja.po from CVS. This
  breakage may be caused by 'msgmerge' that is invoked by 'make
  update-po'.

  'msgmerge' treat charcters as if they are all in single byte encoding,
  and cause disaster when double-byte encoding is used in *.po file.

  Another bad thing about gnome-core is the name of the author of
  another_clock applet contais ISO-8859-1 specific character
  ('\391'). This charcter cannot exist if EUC-JP is used as *.po's
  encoding, and will mess up some editors/viewers.

  KUSANO Takayuki <URL:http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~AE5T-KSN/>