gdm display :0 display :1

I would like to use the Virtual Terminal mode of my Laptop.  'gdm' is
used to launch the Xserver.  I noted that in 'gdm.conf' file has the
following under the servers section:

I removed the comment to enable the 'display :1' but found that this
was not the desired effect.  (it destroyed the server on VT=7,solid color,
and made the servo on VT=8 unusable)

To run two Virtual Terminals, I need to launch two servers correct?

I can indeed launch another server via 'xinit' to run on VT=8 but
this disables permissions Xauth permissions in the VT=7 display, not
a solution (gnome becomes unusable)

Any ideas how I properly set this up through gdm?