Re: Binding raise-panel to Windows key

On Sat, Dec 18, 1999 at 01:22:58PM -0500, Jacob Berkman wrote:
> lduperval@sprint.ca writes:
>
> > How can I bind the useless Windows key so that it raises the main panel
> > (or all panels, I don`t really care) to the top of the window stack? I
> > was in a situation where a window was completely convering my entire
> > screen and I had no way to access the panel to change desktops.

This seems to be at least partially a WM issue.  The current release
of Sawmill (0.19) already does exactly this.

> There's code in the HEAD panel which can pop up a foot menu when you
> press the windows (or other) key... this could probably be done too.

That's great to hear.  One suggestion, though -- it would make more
sense to bind the foot menu to the menu key, and leave the windows
keys (which I like to call the "flag keys") free for window manager
functions.

-- John Kodis.