Re: error compiling popt in ORBit

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Elliot Lee wrote:

> > gcc -Wall -g -O2 -o test1 -static test1.o .libs/
> > .libs/ could not read symbols: Archive has no index; run ranlib
> Get libtool 1.3.3

Note the extension on libpopt.  It's shown in the error output as .al, not
.la.  This is either a transcription error (unlikely, selections anyone?)
or something wrong with the  I just updated ORBit on my end
and don't see any instances of .al, so something else is wierd.

         Erik Walthinsen <> - Staff Programmer @ OGI
        Quasar project -
   Video4Linux Two drivers and stuff -
       /  \             SEUL: Simple End-User Linux -
      |    | M E G A           Helping Linux become THE choice
      _\  /_                          for the home or office user