Re: Pixmap Themes too slow (was gnomepad+)

If it is just the GtkText widget which is causing problems, you could
probably modify the theme to not use pixmaps to draw GtkText widgets.

Just add something like the following to the theme:
  class "GtkText" style "text"
  style "text"
  {
    fg[NORMAL] = { 0.rr, 0.gg, 0.bb }
    fg[PRELIGHT] = { ... }
    fg[ACTIVE] = ...
    fg[SELECTED] = ...
    fg[INSENSITIVE] = ...
    bg[...] = ...
  }

This should take precedence over the default style defined in the theme,
and use a simple colour based theme.  You could pick the colours to match
your pixmap theme.

The gtk theme system is very configurable.  You could even theme half the
widgets with one engine theme, and the rest with a pixmap theme if you
really wanted to.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au