RE: Thoughts & suggestions (Menu editing)

> (4) Menu editing could be implemented in the panel menu itself. Right
> now we can copy launchers from the menu to the panel and vv,
> but a nice
> feature would be to add or remove menu items by dragging items from
> the desktop or gmc into the menu, or right-clicking on a menu item and
> choose delete. KDE, I noticed, also has a nifty feature where it could
> dynamically generate menues that display your entire
> directory structure,
> starting either from root or your home directory.

Actually the Mac had this feature even earlier and does it better. In
the mac just place an alias (unix translation sym link) to the directory
or hard drive in the apple menu items folder. I think a similar approach
could work for gnome, there is no reason to limit it to root or home
directories.