Re: gnomepad is too slow (thread of Milestones document)

Craig Orsinger wrote:

> On 08-Dec-99 Andrew Post wrote:
> > What X-server (driver and version) and windowmanager are the people
> > experiencing this problem using? On what platform? I've never experienced
> > this problem, so I'm wondering if these three factors have something to do
> > with it.
>
>         I have noticed this problem in gnotepad and spruce. I have
> noticed it being slow on two systems. Here's a brief description of
> each:

I agree. gnomepad IS TOO SLOOOOW. Because of that, I don't use it. I
just use gedit. I'm running on a dual P5-133 with 128MB of RAM. I have
an ATI All In Wonder Pro (Rage Pro 3D with TV/Image Capture). I run the
Metro-X 4.3.1 server. OS is RedHat Linux 6.1 (upgraded); October GNOME
with v 1.0.54 of gnome-libs and gnome-core, SMP kernel 2.2.12-20.