RE: Milestones document
- From: Raul Dias <chaos swi com br>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>, Poletti stratus swi com br, Don <don poletti comverse-in com>
- Cc: <gnome-list gnome org>
- Subject: RE: Milestones document
- Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 21:42:05 -0200
>> 2) How can I minimize memory usage?
>The two biggest chunks are Netscape and pixmap themes (for GTK or E). Kill
>those. Then, you can try a small window manager. Also, be sure to use "New
>terminal" from existing gnome-terminals instead of starting new
Just a sugestion...
Can't be done some kind of '--remote' command line option for
gnome-terminal (and maybe for other apps) as there is with Netscape?
So, instead of call gnome-terminal directly, call a wrapper first that would decide
wheter to start a gnome-terminal window or to 'signal' an existing one to respawn/fork/...
If the trade for memory this big, I think that solution in this way would be worth.
] [Thread Prev