Re: GNOME-PPP

Cody Russell wrote:

> You need to setup your /etc/ppp/pap-secrets file. All it needs is one line
> in it:
>
> loginname       remote_name     password
>
> Run gnome-ppp and edit your account. Go to the "Authentication" tab and
> make sure that these three items in your pap-secrets file match the data
> you entered on these three fields.
>
> You were right to suid your pppd. Also make sure you have access to
> /dev/modem, or whatever the device is that you use.
>
> Cody Russell
>
> On Fri, 3 Dec 1999, David McCormick wrote:
>
> >     I have been trying to get the dialer applet in Gnome to work as
> > user.  It works fine as root and has since I installed Gnome.  When I
> > try to use it as user nothing happens.  I have set pppd ;
> > /etc/ppp/ppp-on, -on-dialer,-off,-pap-secrets, options ( the file is
> > empty), and /etc/resolv.conf to SUID.  Can anyone tell me how to set the
> > permissions to allow it to work as user?
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
> > David McCormick
> >

> > --
> >         FAQ: Frequently-Asked Questions at http://www.gnome.org/gnomefaq

    You say to run gnome-ppp I have been unable to find it in any directory.
Where is it located and how do I start it?  I am  running Red Hat 6.0 on an
Intel machine.  The problem is still when I click the on button an the applet
as user nothing happens.  It doesn't  even access the modem.  If you can help
me find gnome-ppp I can figure out the rest of it.  Also in case it matters I
have both Gnome and KDE installed.  Should I remove the KDE?