running gnome on SuSE 6.2

Hi all,

I'm trying to run gnome on SuSE 6.2.  I've installed
(using yast) the rpm's from the gnome website and
there didn't seem to be a problem.  However, when
I try to start my x server with gnome I get the following
message:

keyboard-properties: error in loading shared libraries: libgtk-1.2.so.0:
gnome-session: error in loading shared libraries: libgtk-1.2.so.0: cannot

I checked ad I do have gtk+  installed (which apparently contains
libgtk-1.2.so.0).  Could it be that I need exactly version
1.2 of gtk+?  The one I have installed is some higher version.

Any help would be appreciated.

Alfred.