Re: How to retsrict cd drive???

>> Under gnome when a user logs in the CD drive chowned to their user
>> name.  As the sys admin I want to restrict certain indiviuls from
>> using that drive.  Where is this being set from? I want to disable
>> it.
>This is possibly done by a tool called 'magicdev'.

If we speak about RH, that is the wrong place to look at. Correct path is
PAM modules. They are the responsible of that behaviour. Magicdev just
mounts and such. PAM chowns the devices at login.

I am still trying to do more things with PAM, becuase otherwise it is a pain
in the ass (if you close text console, you lost the devices, so you must
keep a console unusable with "exec startx -- params"). Uuumm, time to read
more docs.

GSR