Re: What is the cleanest way to shutdown in a gnome-session?

Tom Tromey wrote:

> Dan>   Is there any way to manage Gnome applications from
> Dan> gnome-session?  What I'd really like to do is not have it restart
> Dan> applications that were running during my last logout, or at least
> Dan> have more control.
>
> I don't know what version of gnome-session you are using (and even if
> I did I haven't been tracking the version->feature mapping anyway).
> Newer versions let you choose whether the save-on-logout feature is
> enabled.

I'm running gnome-session 1.0.9.  In Control Center | Startup Programs,
there is a toggle for Automatically save changes to session.  Is that
what you mean?  I have it toggled off, so if this is this is the toggle,
then it looks like it's not working.

Along those lines, I hit the bar for Browse Currently Running Programs...
but nothing happens.  ???

Thanks,
Dan