Re: panel applets problems

* Karsten Strand (karsn@online.no) wrote:
>  Well... I finally got the main gnome stuff compiled from
> CVS (there were a lot mess with getting all the right sgml
> stuff), but now, I cant add applets to the panel. I click
> on an applet from the applet menu, but nothing happens.
>  Ive installed the gnome-applets module too, so I know the
> applets exists on my computer. 'nyone got an idea of what
> may be wrong? All the gnome stuff were pulled from CVS a few
> days ago.
>

>         Karsten N. Strand

Did you install the applets to the same prefix as the other modules? A
common problem is to have gnome in /usr and applets in /usr/local (for
example). The panel must be able to find the .gnorba files for the
applets. It looks in its $prefix to find them.

Tom.
--
    .^.     | Tom Gilbert, England | tom@tomgilbert.freeserve.co.uk |