Re: Backspace & Mouse

There are 2 questions :
1) the mouse emulation depend directly from the Xserver.  If you are
running
linux, unfortunately I can't precisely answer because I have no linux box,
but
there is a file under /usr/X11R6/lib whose name is like Xconfig. It
contains every
thing about the definition of screen. And there you have to say that you
want to
emulate a 3 buttons mouse. There are also configurators to help you.
These question depends od the system. There are many different ways to
configure an
X server depending of the unix system.

2) for the keyboard (the answer is for any system running X)
You can remap completely you keyboard. You need 2 commands :
xev: open a window and display on its stdout (an xterm from which you
launch
xev ) the description of the event. For a keypress, it will give you the
keycode and
the keysym.
xmodmap: it is to remap the keyboard. For instancer, as I'm french, I need
accent and on a sun
QWERTY, I remap the number row to get some accentuated (?) characters with
the alt key.
this gives :
#!/bin/sh
xmodmap \
-e "keycode 37 = 1      exclam  eacute" \
-e "keycode 38 = 2      at      ugrave" \
-e "keycode 39 = 3      numbersign      Icircumflex" \
-e "keycode 40 = 4      dollar  Ecircumflex" \
-e "keycode 41 = 5      percent Acircumflex" \
-e "keycode 42 = 6      asciicircum     Ucircumflex" \
The keycode was given by xev.
You have to lauch the script every time you log in under UNIX. Make a
script and launch it
from where you launch your window manager (but before)
good luck.
JRC

--
Nur der kleine Geist hält Ordnung, das Genie beherrscht das Chaos.
Seuls les petits esprits aiment l'ordre, le génie maitrîse le chaos.