Re: Gnome and Enlightenment

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Low Lifeboy wrote:

> I have Redhat 6.0 and I've upgraded to the latest Gnome/E RPMs. I'd like to
> have WindowMaker as my 'only' and default window manager. Will Gnome work if
> I remove Enlightenment and leave WindowMaker on?
don't take this as gospel, but:

Gnome will run just fine wihout E, you should be able to remove it totally
from your system.  However some RPMS (especially those from Redhat, though
that might have changed) have a dependency on E.  Personally I would just
do a nodeps (check first to make sure E is the only dependency you are
missing) and you should be fine.

-chris

Christopher Rogers      http://www.pobox.com/~gandalf
gandalf@pobox.com       gandalf@darkcorner.net

I only see myself, reflected in your eyes, so all that I belive I am, essentially are lies.
						-Stabing Westward (shame)