Re: Setting Up Themes

> Thanks for that info, it's really helpful. Now what is the difference
> between Windows Manager and Enlightenment? I have read the users guide for

Enlightenment is the window manager, it draws the window decorations,
decides where to put new windows and how big to make them (if the
program does not ask for a specific size or location) and enables alot
to the keyboard and mouse actions that are not associated with specific
programs (for example ALT-F2 to change to the second desktop) basically
it gives a user interface for X.

GTK is the widget toolkit used by the GIMP and by gnome programs. It
controls the individual programs interface, for example it draws the
menus, dialog boxes and pretty much all the controls of a program.

Enlightenment is not written using the GTK toolkit which is one reason
why you need seperate configuration programs (also there is not alot of
overlap between what a window manager does and what a normal program
does from the user-interface perspective.) There are also other
toolkits, the most common ones are probably QT (used by KDE programs)
and Motif (used for example by Netscape and alot of older programs and
commercial programs) This is why you will notice a different look and
different keyboard shortcuts when using Netscape or a KDE program and
why the theme capplet does not effect them either.

Harry Henry Gebel             ICQ# 43675297
West Dover Hundred, Delaware