Re: New Gnome RPMs Available

Geoff Simmons said once upon a time (Sat, 21 Aug 1999):

> 'datazone', a member of the #gnome channel on efnet, has created a
> number of various RPMs.
>
> Specifically, he's made packages of the latest gnome-libs (1.0.13) and
> control-center (1.0.6), for various CPUs.  These are available from:
>
> - http://gnome.linuxpower.org/
>
> The #gnome channel is also trying to assemble a 'newbie' FAQ, we'd
> appreciate any help from those of you who like to contribute.
>
> crudman

I took a look at these RPMs, Leland how come they don't have the RedHat
patches integrated?  If you run RedHat you definately want RPMs with the
RedHat patches integrated.  They provide bug fixes, default settings,
integration tweeks, etc.

Lastly, currently gnome-libs-1.0.13 is a test/pre-release, not yet an
"official production" release yet.  People should be warned.

Dax