Re: trouble with cvs

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, William F. Maton wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, James Green wrote:
>
> > Things are going downhill I think - after repeated attempts on getting
> > gnome-libs from anoncvs I am only ever getting the:
> >
> > [jg@cyberstorm gnome]$ cvs -z3 update -Pd gnome-libs
> > cvs server: Updating gnome-libs
> > cvs update: move away gnome-libs/.cvsignore; it is in the way
> > C gnome-libs/.cvsignore
> > etc
> >
> > messages. Before I'd at least get something down, occasssionally.
>
> OK, when I got this, it usually meant that I hadn't cvs updated in a week.
> The fix was to rm -rf the module in question and do a fresh cvs get.

I tried three days after first checking out gnome from cvs and got it.
It's just been continuing since then. I did rm -rf the lot and update
within a day, but now it's started again. It is unreasonable to assume
people with cvs can update so quickly all the time.

--
James Green
http://www.cyberstorm.demon.co.uk/