RE: GPPP applet

If it's gnome-ppp, it could mean a number of things. Make sure you have
/etc/ppp/pap-secrets configured correctly in relation to your settings in
gnome-ppp. chmod u+s /sbin/pppd (or wherever pppd is at). The pap-secrets
file should look something like this:

username	remote_name	password

Those fields should correspond to the "Authentification" tab in
gnome-ppp's account editor.

Cody Russell