Re: GNOME and WindowMaker

Hi,

In order to get the gmc and panel menu stuff on the root window under
Window Maker, you need to move the Window Maker Applications menu so
that it is activated by the middle or left mouse button.  By default,
the gmc and panel root menu is mapped to the right mouse button.
Unfortunately, the Window Maker Applications menu is also mapped to the
right mouse button by default.

To correct this, bring up the Window Maker Configuration tool by going
to the Control Panel, selecting the Window Manager subsection under
Desktop and hitting the "Run Configuration Tool For Window Maker"
button.  When the configuration tool comes up, select the mouse icon.
Under the "Workspace Mouse Actions", move the Applications menu to the
middle mouse button, move the "Select windows" to the left mouse button
and deselect the "Window list menu" option (you can use the GNOME pager
to do the same thing as the Window list menu does).  Save the new
configuration.  The next time that you use the right mouse button the
root menu, you should get the gmc and panel menu.  Under there, you can
rescan/refresh the desktop and recreate icons, etc.

I hope this helps.

Bidemi Temidire

--
"And politics is like war.  It takes three things to win.  The first is money and the second is money and the third is money."
	- Joe Kane