Help Please

I am kind of stuck here. Is there a way at all to configure mouse buttons when running gnome (over enlightenment)
like when running fvwm. On the desktop left button brings up a user defined menu right button another user defined
menu and both buttons simultaneously another menu. I am new to gnome/enlightenment and see a lot of nifty stuff
but am kind of frustrated when I am not able to control the mouse the way I like it. This should be in the FAQ
I am sure but is not wonder why. Mouse customisation is rather fundamental isn't it? rather frustrating to see
that all mouse customisation menu brings up is accleration and threshold. Furthermore my mouse buttons
do not work the same in all desktops. on desktop1 left mouse button does nothing right button and both buttons
to gether bring up some menus while on desktop 2,3,4 left and right do nothing and only both buttons together work.

Help me out here please.
			Arun.