Re: Security in GNOME

With gsu, you will have to make sure that the graphical part does not use
the user's theme or any other gtk modules.

I can just imagine someone breaking into a system, and setting up a RC
file for gsu that uses a custom theme engine.  Then inside the theme
engine it sets up an emission hook to wait for any GtkEntry widgets to be
created.  It would then be possible to connect to the "changed" signal of
the entry and monitor the root password as the normal user types it in.

Its hard enough auditing a program without the configuration files
inserting arbitrary executable code when the user runs it.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/