Re: Root window desktop

Even newbie such as myself can open a terminal window to
mount stuff as root. I found absolutely no HOWTO's or anything
else giving information *specific* to ls-120 disks and their
mounting or formatting, but I had no trouble doing it all kinds
of ways. This is an *advantage* over the drive letter crowd.

If it doesn't break linux to open a *terminal* in a window and su
it, why can I not give password and open a *root desktop* in a
window instead, complete with session management, icons, (default
all home directories as icons there, not just "the" home
directory, and open 2, to make it easier to give permissions to
oneself) panels, bars, quick & easily configured mountumount
shortcuts of whatever nature, the whole thing? Would this not
provide more convenience and yet not break the superior security
of linux? Would this not be a lot better than messing around with
wrappers and having to boot gnome a l__o__n__g  time if I fail to
delete Mr. ICE's authority all the time? Would it not be better
for the *user* to make decisions about who should be able to
mount what, rather than the distributor, and should it not the
GUI make it easier for him to do so? And having opened a root
desktop, could it not be minimized? Would it not be better to
shut down
from there? It seems to me that one would have the advantages of
all and the disadvantages of none.

--
Peace, understanding, health and happiness to all beings!