libintl not found

Hi, I'm using Gnome at work (Debian 2.1) using the release 1.05 (from a
CD-ROM) and runs ok, but this weekend I had  tried to install it at home
and when I try to run any app I had the message that the dynamically
linked libintl is not found in my system (The same message with the
Enlightenment 0.15). I tried to find this library and I only found the
libintl.h in the include directory (/usr/include).
The problem and the increible is that when I arrive at work today I found
the same library and I haven't it in the linux box that runs ok with the
gnome and the enlightenment 0.15!!

What comes wrong??

I'm sure that it will be something obviously but I can't understand it.
In the two boxes I'm using Debian 2.1 and gnome-1.0.5 with enlightenment
0.15 (....or trying to use it....) :-(

Please, help me....

TIA.