Folder Icons

Gnome being graphic and all, I was wondering how you guys would feel
about the idea of being able to use your own icons for your folders
in the file viewer. The approach is pretty simple, though the file
viewer would have to be adapted to support custom icons. The approach
would be to have a file '.icon' in the folder which would either be
a reference to an icon or maybe even the icon itself.

Having specific icons for folders in a graphical environment is
actually quite useful. On another platform that I use it helps
me quickly locate my internet tools folder, my development folder
and any other folder that I have felt worthy of a particular
use.

Andre