Re: GNOME Usability Improvements - Fix the window manager!

   I disagee with Mr. Fulbright.  I do not think that there should be
one,people should have the right to interface with whatever manger they
want. Wheither it be E or KDE or blackbox. Your asking for alot more trouble
than you realize by saying that maybe there should be a window's manager for
gnome.  Once a manager is created for gnome, new users will assume that is
the only one out there for gnome. You ended up with the debate over wheither
this one is better than that one, which will bring a limit in the minds of
those new users to the plethora of options available. You then begin to
start a nasty dialog that would end result in dividing the community as a
whole. What should be the issue here is improving gnome to do what desktop
software has never gone before. If a team needs to be constructed to do this
then great, do it.
I personally think the easiler, more stabile,more configurablity more
functional a product is the better it does for the community and those
groups that are undecided as a whole. Here is the challenge: make it even
easiler for gnome to work with the various window managers, show that the
gnome desktop can work in so many ways. Gnome can do some of this already,
but more needs to be done in order for this to happen. Matt