Re: Hands up for a Bug-a-Thon

On 30 Jul 1999 21:07:32 -0400, James Green <gnome@cyberstorm.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Elliot touched on bugs in his document on the GNOME-1.0.50 release
>proposals. I think we should do what Mozilla.org is doing and that is run
>a Bug-a-Thon!
>
>I haven't seen bugs.gnome.org in quite a while, but last time I looked,
>there were plenty of old, irrelevant bugs listed.
>
>Maybe if RHAD or someone bought up some prizes like Copyleft mugs and
>t-shirts for the ten people who closed the most bugs that are no longer
>relevant we'd have a competition even most end-users could help with.

>I for one have been feeling rather less than helpful since I don't have
>the time to learn GNOME internals and code out those bugs, and I guess
>there must be others like me who'd love to lend a hand.

It's nice that someone else is thinking about getting the bugs fixed.
However, we do need to check that bugs have been fixed before closing them
as irrelevant.

This is where people who don't know the internals can be the most helpful
- keeping an up-to-date list of bugs is no easy task.

-- Elliot
Who me? I just wander from room to room.