Gnome starts slowly

    FN> I've already sent a message saying gnome was very very slow at
    FN> start up and no way to exit Gnome.  I use gdm.  When I arrive on
    FN> gdm logon window, I switch to console and logon here.  So I switch
    FN> to gdm and logon again, Gnome will start and work normally.

    FN> Am I the only one in this case ?

    FN> RH5.2 i386 Gnome1.0(14 april)

    FN> fnowe@wanadoo.fr

I (and at least one other person) have the same problem, and don't use gdm
(never installed). I have tried shell, kdm and xdm: no difference, still
slow. Only relief is if I erase my session file. Could you please tell me
exactly what you try to start in your ~/.gnome/session file? (or even
e-mail me the file). Thanks,

--
Pierluigi Miraglia pierlu AT iname.com pmiragli AT kent.edu

The soul has a self-increasing logos (Herakl.)