Re: Installing ethemes

"\"Freddy Ng\" <\"Freddy Ng\"" <j.c.ng@ic.ac.uk> writes:

> I converted the ethem file to a .tar.gz file and
> has managed to extract it properly. But using the
> theme selector in GNOME's control panel, the
> "install new theme " option doesn't seem to work.
> The theme in question is the BeOS theme. Anyone
> can help? Thanks.

I think you may have Enlightenment themes and GTK themes
confused.

.etheme files are for changing the Enlightnement theme;
E.g., window borders.

GTK themes are only in .tar.gz format and change
your widget set; E.g, buttons, scrollbars, etc.

The "Install New Theme" button is for gtk themes only.

GTK Themes = http://gtk.themes.org
E Themes = http://e.themes.org

Good Luck

Dave