Re: Database storage approach

Alexander Peuchert <peuc@peuchert.de> writes:

| Well, if you see it this way, you would be better using the shell. What do
| you need GNOME for???

I am using a shell and I am using GNOME. GNOME has many good programs
like the calendar, gnumerics etc..  and the panel is very nice. :-)

| I think GNOME is a approach to making unix more usable. Even for >moms and
| dads< !!!

Yes, but I would hope that it was an effort only for moms and
dads.:-)

Replacing the filesystem is not the Right Thing as I see it. If the
problem is where did I put that file then one could, this is just an
idea not a proposal, have a button in the fileselector called "Search"
or some such which ran a GUI/find program that search for your
file. Then you can pick which one it was from the list of possible
files and returned it to the fileselector.

There is probably a much better way to do this, but it is an example
that one doesn't have to change the filesystem, just make a GUI
abstraction on top of it.

--
Preben Randhol                     «There are three things you can do
[randhol@pvv.org] 	            to a woman. You can love her, suffer