Language support ( Irish ) in Gnome

Hello,

I'm trying to configure my RH5.2 + Gnome 1.0
system to allow me to type accents using
a compose key.  I'm using a US keyboard.
I'm primarily interested in being able to
type a grave and egu character.  I've looked
at the French and Danish HOWTO files.  But
I'm wondering if there is something I need
to do in particular for Gnome.  Eventually,
I'd like to create separate Irish language
files under xkb and kb, much like what is
available for other languages.  Any pointers
or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Sean O Ceallaigh

s_oceallaigh@yahoo.com